When using two JDBC connections accessing the same Oracle database, “SqlException : No more data to read from socket” thrown.
This is because your database doesn’t support connection sharing, or it’s a dedicated server that will not respond to different clients.
- $ dbca
- –Configuration & Migration Tool
- —-database Configuration Assistant
- Select radio button —Configure Data base options in database
- Select your database—e.g. Oracle or pspl
- Select —– shared server mode
Solution 2 (same to 1 but manual work):
- open $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/tnsnames.ora
- change “(SERVER = DEDICATED)” to “(SERVER = SHARED)”
- restart database and listener
Now your database is sharable, so we can use from different client.